Sunday, August 30, 2009

Build a Better Burger

I think I just ate the best homemade burger I have ever had. I love to make burgers at home, eat them at friends houses, eat them at family's houses, anywhere really, but usually they are just that...burgers at home that taste generically homemade. You know what I mean, the ground beef topped with cheddar cheese with mayo and mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, and maybe pickles if you're lucky. I have tried to fancy up the "at home burger" with different spreads and cheeses, however they never turn out quite like the greasy, juicy, and unique burgers I love from dives, or my favorite restaurants. Tonight, I think Brian and I designed a burger that will be added to the menu of my imaginary restaurant. Yep, I dream of what my restaurant would be like all the time and what delicious dishes I would serve. It varies all the time, quite drastically, but that is the beauty of it all being made up in my head. Anyway, back to the burger. Today at Central Market (after enjoying a fish taco from "The Grill" outside) I purchased some more Hatch green chiles and other veggies for my soon to be famous Hatch Chile Salsa. I also got some of Central Market's freshly made hamburger buns and 90% lean ground beef. I usually don't purchase ground beef leaner than 85% for a burger, but today the 90% lean was on sale for $2.49 per lb, so I went with that. Ok, so you know the drill for the salsa so I won't bore you with that, but are you curious what else made this burger so distinctively awesome? Goat Cheese...yep, believe it! Creamy, tangy goodness that was covered in sweet caramelized onions that complemented the smokey, spicy salsa that dressed our medium rare salt and peppered patties that sat between a freshly toasted bun. Are you drooling yet? It was awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment