Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hatch Chiles...YUM

I just ate my way through Central Market. That has to be the best grocery store ever created. I am so unbelievably happy and full when I leave that incredible store. Earlier this summer Brian and I discovered "The Grill" at Central Market. I don't know if it is only on the weekends, but they set up a grill out by the Cafe and serve up hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, mahi mahi tacos (this is what I always get...they are so ridiculously good), brats, and sausage. Today they were having the Hatch Chile Festival so the cheeseburger Brian got had a roasted Hatch chile and caramelized onions nestled on top of the patty. I had my traditional mahi mahi taco in one of their homemade four tortillas with coleslaw and remoulade sauce. (p.s. I have tried to re-create this perfect taco, but have been unsuccessful...try try try again.) Bonus...our lunch today totaled $9.00 for the 2 of us...beat that! (Don't worry if you missed the big evet this weekend, so do yourself a favor and schedule your lunch at the grill next weekend and stock up on some Hatch chiles right after.) Anyway, I love chiles and spicy foods, so I happily made my way through the store sampling everything they had to offer from Hatch crab cakes to Hatch flour tortillas to Hatch pesto and even Hatch baked brie. If heat is not your thing...the chiles come in mild or hot so you can choose whichever you like. Tonight we are making Hatch chile enchiladas! I'll be roasting up some tomatillos, garlic, onion and of course...Hatch chiles for a salsa to go over the enchiladas. We've decided to have beef enchiladas, but chicken would be great too. I'll post the recipe later...gotta make sure it's delicious first...

No comments:

Post a Comment