Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kitchen of the Week


I'm always looking at pictures of kitchens. I love them. This week I have discovered a fabulous one on the Southern Living website.

Who wants this kitchen? Ok, take a number because I want this kitchen! I am already envisioning myself cooking and baking away in this kitchen...I wish I could see the whole thing just to make sure there is a gas stove somewhere closeby, but there are so many things done right in just this one corner that I am not too worried. First, love the paint color! Brian and I spent weeks trying to find a color like this for our current kitchen, we tried several samples (including banana, lemon, cream, butterscotch - of course these were not the actual names, but more of what they reminded me of when they were on the wall - great for cooking/baking - yuck for paint). So we gave up on finding the right yellowish color and we ended up with Sweet Georgia Brown from Home Depot...great color, but oh how I envy the one here. I feel so cozy looking at it. I want to make my coffee in that pot and stare out the window imagining what I am going to create for breakfast. I think maybe a nice veggie frittata... Second, love the white cabinets and how some have a glass pane with the glorious paint color on the shelves (for displaying all the wonderful serving pieces we all have stored away in a dark place) and how some are solid (to hide all the clutter). These cabinets are the perfect way to have the best of both worlds! Third, love all the stainless steel appliances, especially the refrigerator. Definitely want the double sided fridge with the freezer drawer at the bottom. Fourth, love the perfect little window that overlooks a huge backyard with lots of trees (totally guessing, but it seems fitting). Fifth, love the quaint little breakfast nook with chairs to compliment the other decor. I know you have to agree...this is a great kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. And I betcha it has one of those built in dog food bowls under the counter for Dutch making this kitchen truly perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, I totally agree. I saw this in the magazine two months ago and drooled over this kitchen. I even made Michael read the article with me just so he is aware of what the kitchen of my dreams would be! ha! Too funny that we are so much alike! :) Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete