Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scarves...Nothing food related

Don't you just love a good scarf? I know this is totally random, but I have really come to love scarves of all forms. I love my older really long knitted scarves that have tassles at the end. I love my new spring scarves that are a simple pattern or a bright fun solid, but that are extremly light weight and that I can throw around my neck in several different ways. I love my pashmina shawl that's thick, warm and a lovely, cozy gray. I love my standard black scarf that goes with almost everything in my closet and that it can be dressed up or down. I love my skinny silk scarves that match some very unique pieces in my closet and the fact that I only paid a dime each for them at a garage sale in Greenville, Texas. (Such a steal! I know...I felt like I was robbing them.) I love the 2 scarves knitted by one of our family friends, Sharon, and the wonderful corkscrew shape one of them has. My dear friend Haley has this fabulous corkscrew scarf in a wonderful mustard-y yellow that her mom knitted. Little did I know that when I obsessed over her scarf that one was in my very near future. You see, the 2nd scarf I got from Sharon was not originally intended for me, but for my mom. My mom, however, could not see herself in it, so naturally I claimed it to make sure the world sees me in this fabulous scarf.

What got me to thinking about scarves? Well, I thought it was going to be warm and sunny today, but instead it is quite cloudy, windy, and chilly. I wish I was wearing one of my fabulous scarves...that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment