Monday, March 8, 2010

A New Twist on an Old Tradition


Last night I snuggled up to watch the Oscar's with a nice big bowl of Coq Au Vin and a side of toasted garlic bread. I spent 2 hours yesterday preparing the wonderful dish, so tonight...leftovers. But I wanted to do something different with it. Hmmm...my mind immediately went to a sandwich, since I do think that is my favorite food of all time. I took some leftover Coq Au Vin and heated it through and cut a nice healthy piece of French bread. I placed the chicken, sauce and veggies along the bottom piece and placed Muenster cheese along the top. I put the 2 pieces together and wrapped the whole thing in foil. I placed it in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese was ooey gooey and the bread was warm and soft. Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment