Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breakfast in Bed

So I decided this week to give myself a spring break. I was on the road a lot during the first quarter of the year, so why not right? I love all meals of the day, but I truly love breakfast. I usually only get to enjoy a nice hearty breakfast on the weekends, but I love days when I can make myself a nice fulfilling breakfast during the week. I adore eggs and woke up today craving a nice piece of egg toast. I brewed some coffee and whipped up a fabulous egg over medium, toasted some fresh sourdough bread and topped it with some mozzarella. I took it all upstairs to enjoy breakfast in bed while watching the Today show...I could get used to this.

Egg Toast for one
1 large egg
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large slice of fresh sourdough bread
1/8 cup shredded mozzarella
1 tbls butter

Start by heating a nonstick skillet on low and spray with some Pam. Crack the egg into the pan, careful not to break the yolk and let it start to cook low and slow. Sprinkle with some salt and freshly ground pepper. After yolk has slightly set, flip egg over and cook for a couple of minutes. You will know it is medium when you touch the yolk and it gives back slightly. I usually cover the pan with the plate while it cooks to help steam the egg.

Spread the butter on the piece of sourdough and toast until it reaches your desired "toasty-ness". Top with mozzarella and place under broiler until cheese is melted.


Top your cheesy toast with your perfectly cooked egg and get ready to enjoy.



Make sure your coffee is ready to go. This is going to be a great breakfast which will be a great start to your day...Look at that slightly runny yolk...mmmm. Delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment