Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Holiday Baking

This weekend I decided to make these German Chocolate Cookies from Paula Deen's 2008 Holiday Magazine. I woke up Saturday morning just dying to sqeeze something else into my day, so why not whip up some cookies. I had 30 minutes to spare...and chocolate makes everything better. I had a crazy busy weekend and next weekend will be even crazier. The month of December is definitely one of my favorite months of the year because I love the holiday season and shopping, but I don't know how I (and everyone else) does it. We wake up early and we go go go all day and almost every night is filled with a holiday party or dinner. Exhausting. Anyway, these treats are super simple and super delicious. The recipe states you will get 3 dozen cookies...I did not get near that, but I never do, I must make them too big, but I don't like small cookies.

German Chocolate Cookies (recipe by Paula Deen, 2008 Holiday Baking Magazine)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 4oz bar German Sweet Chocolate, melted
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the ove to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the melted chocolate and stir until combined.

In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Drop batter by the spoonful on to the cookie sheet.

Bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until cookies are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment