Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow Day

I woke up this morning to find it snowing outside! How wonderful. This so rarely happens in Texas, but I so enjoyed seeing all of the white flakes fluttering through the air. I was tempted to call in sick and curl up on the couch with Dutch while drinking a latte and watching the Today Show. That obviously didn't happen and I was off to work, driving with the flurries hitting my windshield. By the time I got to the office, the snow had stopped, but it was a great morning anyway, and cold enough to bust out my long, black, wool coat that I so adore. I was excited to listen to my Josh Groban Christmas CD and wear my new scarf knitted by my mom's dear friend Sharon.


Do you ever make dinner that is a total flop? Last night I made a Turkey Meatloaf that was just not stellar. I guess I should have known it wouldn't be considering I was using ground turkey breast, but I thought since I was using Ina's recipe (and everything of hers is top noch by the way) that it would be successful. I use ground turkey breast all the time to healthify dishes, but I am usually careful and cautious to make sure I keep moisture in. The turkey meatloaf was just kind of bland and dry. I am going to have to turn the leftovers into a sloppy joe cause there is just no hope for it any other way...

No comments:

Post a Comment