Sunday, July 18, 2010

Brian's Turning 30...whether or not I succeed at the party is still up in the air

Once again, I am stuck at a hotel and can't get out! That's what I do for a living though. I travel quite a bit and spend countless nights in random hotels. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's not. This time...not so much. The meeting is going super well and I must say I have been getting decent sleep, but the problem is that tonight will be the 9th night I catch zzz's here out of a total of 11. Needless to say...I am ready to get out. I am ready for a home cooked meal made by none other than myself! More on that later...


Today......stress. I am stressing. I am stressing because Brian's 30th birthday is literally around the corner. I am stressing because I am throwing him a wonderful birthday bash with his close friends and family. I am stressing because I am spending 12 days at a hotel and that is keeping me from planning, shopping, organizing, decorating, baking, etc. You get it. I know you do cause you have probably been here. The party is going to be great and super amazing and an absolute blast. I am so excited to plan this for such an amazing husband and have this memory for year's to come. With that being said, stress still follows...


I need to be hanging these...





And putting up the tiki torches...


And figuring out how the heck to string extention cords so all my lights work. Not these lights. White christmas lights I have hung from the posts on the patio. I realized during the first part of this project (I am now on part 3 and not even done yet...this really could be a post all by itself, but I will spare you - I have wrapped one pole 3 times and unfortunatley for me, I think there will need to be a 4th) that hanging lights is quite complicated. I also realized that I desperately needed (and still need) my husbands help, but I am desperately trying to not make him help with the petty details of his own party...

And then there is deciding what type of Sangria to make...

And making 3 different desserts for all these peeps...including an extraordinary German Chocolate Cake...

And decorating the patio...and the kitchen...and the living room...

And figuring out how the heck I am going to fit the abundance of people who have accepted our invitation in our house without having them step all over each other...

And finally...determining how to add days in to the month of July.

1 comment: