Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Long Time Coming...

Well, today is the day! I have decided to start a blog after all of the encouragement from my friends over the past year. They seem to think that all of my random thoughts and love for cooking and baking will make a great blog...I guess we'll see! It may take me some time to get up and running to the blog status that I so admire from the daily blogs I visit, they seem to be so elegant and well designed, but I can't wait to see where my blog leads me...

I am leaving to go to Chicago this weekend, so all I can think about this week is the incredible Deep Dish Pizza I will be having in the windy city. My mom and I are going for a little girl's trip, so there will be a lot of exploring, eating, and laughing while we are there. (Don't you have those moments with your mom or best friend where you just get to laughing hysterically and hardly even remember what about when you finally catch your breath. I love those moments!)Anyway, I have mapped out a few places we have to eat at, and I can't wait to give you all an update when we get back, in case any of you are planning a trip to Chicago soon. First on the list is the all too famous, Lou Malnati's. Rumor is, they have the perfect deep dish pizza. I cannot wait to find out!! As long as there are fresh toppings and they use homemade pizza dough and lots of cheese I know I will love it.

Also on the list is Bistro 110. One of my favorite blogs, Simply Recipes, references this amazing restaurant often and I cannot wait to taste for myself what it is all about.

OK, I am going to keep planning our trip!

1 comment: