Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something I love...Bacon Fat

Ok, I know it is the new year and everyone is attempting to eat healthier and I keep vowing I will too, however it is so hard when I have such strong feelings for bacon fat. It just makes everything better. Last night I did not have dinner planned and decided I would just whip up some Bacon, Egg, and Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches. I cooked the bacon low and slow like normal until it was nice and crispy. I poured out the bacon fat into the old soup can I keep in the freezer to store all that fatty goodness for later use. I set the pan aside to cool and kept some fat in the pan to cook the eggs...naturally. (This is a requirement in my book by the way if you are ever cooking eggs and bacon.) I whisked my eggs with cream, salt and pepper and poured them in the slightly heated pan to cook the eggs low and slow. When I bit into my finished sandwich, I savored the powerful smokey flavor that the bacon provided to the eggs. I don't know why I am choosing to mention this food love affair now. I have been in love with bacon fat (any pork fat really) for a long time, and I just absolutely adore eggs cooked in bacon fat.
Bon Appetite...Here's to breakfast for dinner and saving your bacon fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment